Samana - the "Why"
- Unique cosmopolitan vibe thanks to thousands of Europeans who arrived as tourists and stayed to become residents, setting up shops, restaurants and boutique hotels
- Most complete region in terms of nature (beaches and palms, mountains and forests, caves, rivers, ocean and bay)
- Newly built & renovated infrastructure
(roads, water, airport, internet, port)
Samana - Why Now?
Things that have happened in the last 5 years
that are about to change the paradigm for Samaná:
- President’s focus on the region
- New roads
- New airport
- Arrival of the Internet
- Construction of water treatment plant
- Pandemic and workation/semigration trend
Why Dominican Republic?
- Best ”Overall Score” in the Caribbean: most advanced economy &
infrastructure while being a paradise in the tropic,
- Most complete island – ”a small continent”, nature considered
- Always at the top in global rankings of places
to retire/have a second home
- Big scale of the island to find a hideaway
- Safe, without scary neighbouring countries
- Second home for the top 1% – actors, politicians, and high net worth individuals
with the biggest airports
in the world
More reasons to fall for the Dominican Republic...
Samana, a place with more than 20 virgin beaches, and more…
Visit one of the marvelous beaches that surround the coast of Samana Peninsula: Playa Jackson, Playa Cosón, Playa Bonita, Playa Las Ballenas, Playa Punta Popy….
Humpback Whales Sanctuary
Samana is the chosen place for their mating ritual. Observe those big fishes in their natural environment just 15 minutes away from the city. The whale season starts from the month of January until mid-April, drawing many visitors.
The Dominican Republic’s varied landscape of national parks and dunes offer a wide variety of outdoor adventures like hiking and mountain biking.
The Dominican Republic is a renowned kitesurfing destination. The strong wind is nearly year-round and conditions are suitable for a variety of riding levels and disciplines.
Samana offers a variety of experiences for adrenaline seekers: from fantastic snorkeling to picturesque boat rides.
Sail around and go where you please. The island nations of the Caribbean are all spectacularly beautiful and the views from the yacht are just breathtaking.
In the Dominican Republic, deep-sea or river fishing trips are available year-round. Try it and hook marlin, barracuda, kingfish, sailfish, or river snooker.
El Limon waterfall
The 52m-high El Limón waterfall – tucked away in a surprisingly rough landscape, surrounded by peaks covered in lush greenery.
Los Haitises National Park on the Samana Peninsula offers us beautiful rock formations, mangrove forests, caves, and a wealth of fauna and flora.
Samana is often
described as the
of the Caribbean
Location and connectivity
Samana is safe for visitors and residents
- Around 5 000 foreigners live in Samana, the safety of the area is a key reason for such popularity
- Samana’s general crime rate is 6 per 100k residents, which is 86% less than in the US (42 per 100k)
- Foreigners’ safety is the local police’s priority. CESTUR is a special Tourism Police department focused on crime prevention in the areas populated by tourists and expats.
- Our Masterplan assumes closed development of communities with limited access and additional security measures. We have contributed land to the local police that opened an additional station by El Valle beach.